Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kitchen Victories

I get real excited when my kitchen creations mirror something I grew up with.

Tonight: Indonesian Stew over Rice. Translation: Hachee. Yummy? Absolutely!



Feels like a success. The meat wasn't quite so tender, the carrots weren't quite as cooked, but the eaters were happy! I continue to surprise myself by creating food that is edible. I'll never forget the day I set spaghetti on fire in my parent's kitchen. Babysitting, dogsitting, and kitchensitting didn't jazz that night. Picture Olympic torch in the shape of uncooked spaghetti noodles and you are picturing the exact details of the night. Enter a yapping dog and a crying toddler and you can see why I've been a little skittish around the cosina.

Tonight was a victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment