Thursday, October 11, 2012

Seasonal

I have informed the Mister that I think I have seasonal depression. I think I was totally distracted in college by great learning and amazing opportunities, and of course the great friendships. But now that I am a working girl I can tell that I am in need of year-long sunshine. Retiring to Florida is totally in my future.

I am not a fan of the seasons changing and the weather getting cold. I am not a fan of getting up in the dark. And coming home to the dark. I am not a fan of having to pile on the layers. I have no energy when it is dark. I would have made a great bear, hibernating away.

To combat my hateful attitude toward this time, I have tried to focus on things I do like about the fall.

It is taking a lot of concentration.

I turned the heat on high as I drove south on a beautiful day and admired the many colors in the trees lining the highway.

I lit a candle called "Autumn Wreath" to put myself in a cozy mood.

I wore a few scarves. I do love scarves.

I pulled my moccasin slippers out. Maggie tried to eat them. Multiple times. I put my moccasin slippers away.

I bought red corduroys. Oh yes I did.

I hiked the trails with Mister. We earned a new shield for our hiking staff.

And I made a delicious apple crisp and savored every bite.

Still on the to-do list:
- Bust out my boots
- Drink apple cider
- Make pumpkin bread


No comments:

Post a Comment